Rules and Regulations

UKC recognizes American Bully effective July 15

Discuss anything regarding the breed here that doesn't fit in other area's of the forum.

Re: UKC recognizes American Bully effective July 15

Postby Texanna » July 15th, 2013, 10:43 pm

Well, if you look at what the British Isles did to the English Bulldog, then I guess it is "a natural extension." :roll:

What a disgusting nightmare of poor, deformed dogs! All these "bully" BS'ers should be beat with a wet rope!
http://www.SafeStuff911.com = selling non-toxic CedarCide flea & pest killer.
Texanna

Postby BoldogKennel » July 15th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Kelley I'm with you. It was my understanding that the UKC had been quoted as saying they would "never" recognize the mixed up mess called "American Bully". Perhaps that was not true? I don't know. The UKC has ALWAYS been about the money - and nothing else. They are still the number one puppy mill supporting registry.

Are "American Bullies" here to stay? Hard to say. "Doberdanes" came and went. "Donavon Pinschers" have come and gone. Labradoodles are still a current fad, but I suspect in a few years they will be like the "cockapoo" which was developed in the 1970s and today is still JUST A MUTT.

I had Cassie at a repo vet this AM., the vet (who is awesome) was bemoaning the fact that she has one big blue mess of a dog come in at least three times a week to send out frozen semen. There is TONS of money in this breed, and since they are good for nothing else, when the market goes away, so will the "dedicated breeders". As long as the current generation is content with simply the "appearance" of a pit bull type - and shallow enough to not want ANYTHING else associated with the breed, then these ABs will fill their bill. A shell of a dog. Sadly, so sadly, linked by everyone with a breed they are not even recently really related too. These dogs are Am Staff, Show bulldog, frenchie, mastiffs - but no American pit bull in recent years.

For the UKC to say they are a "natural extension" of the APB really shows how far off center the UKC group are. As is their
UKC is unwilling to condone the validity of using exaggerated specimens of this breed in a breeding program and, to preserve its health and vibrancy, cautions judges about awarding wins to these representatives.

What is an "American Bully" but an EXAGGERATED SPECIMEN?????? They are an over "bullied" specimen of the athletic "bull and terrier". Nothing more. This is the most ridiculous sentence I have read in a long time!

I'm going to have to think long and hard about finishing up Cassie's UD with the UKC. I can honestly say I will be informing the UKC that due to this sell out move I will no longer register a dog with them nor compete at their venue. A shame, as it leaves the American pit bull with an obedience issue. Unless the WPBCA "gets with it" and sanctions AKC or UKC format obedience, all we have is the ASCA trials, and its a shame that the Aussie people can do so much better than we!

A sad day indeed. At a time when registries are (or should be) concentrating on producing healthier less exaggerated dogs - SHAME on the UKC!
Ch Bandog Dread SchH III IPO III TD CD U-CDX WDS STDd/s WH
Boldog Dirk SchH III FR Brevet
Bandog Brittania SchH I WDS U-CD
Boldog Grip SchH I WDS
Boldog Grim SchH II
Boldog Old Yeller SchH I IPO I
Boldog Hellboy FH CD TD
Wicked Cassie, Ring III U-CDX
BoldogKennel

Postby SideKick » July 15th, 2013, 11:17 pm

but that is why this can indeed be a good thing for the breed. And there r ppl out there who take this breed very seriously. several kennels out there with beautiful bullies who want this breed to thrive and they need this for it to happen. the abkc is a joke and the breed will never truly thrive under them. i think it can under the ukc. plus this separates them from the apbt. now u can point ppl to the ukc site when talking about it being a diff breed. most ppl never heard of the abkc but many have heard of ukc.
SideKick

Postby back2basics » July 15th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Dogs that are American Bullies win in the ring under the guise of APBT right now, I'm just not sure how much it will change things. Some younger people at the shows? Maybe, but will people who have been showing their Bullies as APBT's and winning give up their paperwork to become a UKC registered Bully? Not as many as the UKC would like us to believe. At least they're trying something I guess. AADR recognizes Bullies, I pray ADBA will not follow suit.
"Amat Victoria Curam"
back2basics

Postby BoldogKennel » July 15th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Anytime a registry is a business, and a money maker, its scarey. Personally, despite letting in mastiff mixes for weight pullers, I still trust that the ADBA has enough self pride and character not to follow the UKC in this. As TRUE pit bull people (unlike the UKC) they DO care about the breed. This is the difference.

I understand what you are saying about trying to siphon off the "bullies" from the pit bulls, but what sticks in my craw is that they are talking right out their butt about "wanting to not support exaggerated breeding". Really? That is EXACTLY what AB breeding is... nothing more. So if it is ok to take one performance breed and mix it up and ruin it and cause it to have all kinds of health issues and watered down temperament - well, then why not ALL breeds? Its just not what purebred dogs need at this time!
Boldog Grip SchH I WDS
Boldog Grim SchH II
Boldog Hellboy FH CD TD
BoldogKennel

Postby Leslie H » July 15th, 2013, 11:55 pm

ELIMINATING FAULTS

(An Eliminating Fault is a Fault serious enough that it eliminates the dog from obtaining any awards in a conformation event.)

Any disproportionate, overdone characteristic that would interfere with physical activity or working ability.

Really? I think that would eliminate the whole breed.

Makes me feel glad that I walked away from all my UKC involvement a couple years ago. They are a private business, and have the right to do whatever they want. I just cannot support them. There are still plenty of individuals I like and respect who are involved w/UKC, but as an organization, I have no respect at all.
Leslie H

Postby BoldogKennel » July 16th, 2013, 12:33 am

Amen.
Boldog Grip SchH I WDS
Boldog Grim SchH II
Boldog Hellboy FH CD TD
BoldogKennel

Postby Kelley KS ASTs » July 16th, 2013, 5:06 pm

Leslie H wrote:
ELIMINATING FAULTS

(An Eliminating Fault is a Fault serious enough that it eliminates the dog from obtaining any awards in a conformation event.)

Any disproportionate, overdone characteristic that would interfere with physical activity or working ability.

Really? I think that would eliminate the whole breed.

Agreed

I have not shown UKC for quite a few years. I went to a couple show last year when I had a puppy to socialize and was disappointed in the quality and lack of entries for APBTs. So now the mutants will move from APBTs to mutants and take their pedigrees with them? Also, a few months ago I remember hearing about a big DNA scam and DQ a lot of dogs? UKC should be ashamed of themshelves.
Kelley Jackson
KS ASTs
Kelley KS ASTs

Postby BoldogKennel » July 16th, 2013, 5:13 pm

One has to wonder just how many split offs the pit bull can spawn? I guess as the orig is too much dog for most, they just keep wanting to water it down... :(
Boldog Grip SchH I WDS
Boldog Grim SchH II
Boldog Hellboy FH CD TD
BoldogKennel

Postby Kelley KS ASTs » July 16th, 2013, 5:35 pm

BoldogKennel wrote:One has to wonder just how many split offs the pit bull can spawn? I guess as the orig is too much dog for most, they just keep wanting to water it down... :(

Question: Was it a disservice to the breed for the dogmen of yestyear to sell APBT to the commoner? Meaning should yards still be closed? UKC started conformation shows in the early 70(correct me if I am wrong) was this also the demise of the breed?

Question for the ole timers: Did old dogmen only breed dogs that had high dog aggression? The ole timers had the ablity to keep hundreds of dogs. Were they all high DA or did they also keep certian dogs for other traits?
Kelley Jackson
KS ASTs
Kelley KS ASTs

PreviousNext

Return to General discussions about Pit Bulls