Rules and Regulations

Jake

Please introduce your dogs here, one per thread. Please state name, pedigree is applicable and photos, and anything you want us to know.

Jake

Postby Ashley » January 6th, 2013, 3:42 am

Jake aka Tige

Jake does not technically belong to me, but try telling him that. :lol: I acquired Jake by doing something I swore I would never do: fall in love with a "dog" guy. We met through owning dogs and the rest is history. Jake loves my two dogs and the five of us live together now. Jake's dad (my boyfriend Eric) adopted him from a shelter as a young dog. He is now 6 years old, very high energy, but very well trained. He is probably the most athletic dog of his size I have ever met, and runs with me 3 days per week. If he doesn't get a good run 6 days a week, he drives us all nuts, but he will take a rest of about 24 hours before doing so.

Jake looks like a pit bull/mastiff mix, which I believe he is supposed to be (his original owner was found, but never claimed him from the shelter). He has the most gorgeous brindle color, like tiger stripes, hence I call him "Tige".
The first photo is a bit of a forced perspective, but Jake is actually quiet big, probably 26" at the withers and about 30kg (66 pounds), and kept quite lean.

Tiki, me, Fletcher, Jake

I have never met a dog who loves running as much as Jake (except for maybe a bearded collie). If you let him go, in a park or somewhere, he will do several laps of the area for the sheer joy of running and then come back and wait for you to throw his ball, which is what he is doing here:

Eric and our boy dogs on the Washington coast

We went all the way down to Cannon Beach in Oregon with them (Eric is 6'5" for perspective)

Tiki, Jake, Fletcher
Image\

Jake and Fletcher on a hike
Ashley

Re: Jake

Postby DogSpeed » January 6th, 2013, 3:58 am

Another handsome boy with a beautiful brindle coat. I love that picture of the three of them. Definitely frame-worthy!
DogSpeed

Postby BoldogKennel » January 6th, 2013, 3:58 am

Great shots and great dogs!!!
Ch Bandog Dread SchH III IPO III TD CD U-CDX WDS STDd/s WH
Boldog Dirk SchH III FR Brevet
Bandog Brittania SchH I WDS U-CD
Boldog Grip SchH I WDS
Boldog Grim SchH II
Boldog Old Yeller SchH I IPO I
Boldog Hellboy FH CD TD
Wicked Cassie, Ring III U-CDX
BoldogKennel

Postby Ashley » January 6th, 2013, 4:00 am

Thanks guys! I sure love my "Three Muttskateers"

DogSpeed wrote:Another handsome boy with a beautiful brindle coat. I love that picture of the three of them. Definitely frame-worthy!

It's in a frame on my desk at work. I look at it when I need a smile. :) I also have a framed copy of this one

Ashley

Postby DogSpeed » January 6th, 2013, 4:13 am

Oh, that one is really nice too! They have a dreamy quality to them that really draws you in.
DogSpeed

Postby dickybird » January 6th, 2013, 4:19 am

Jake is one of my favourite dogs. He's always happy to see you and he does have the most brilliant brindle coat. He dad is a very good photographer that spoils us with great shots of our dogs.
dickybird

Postby WNK » January 10th, 2013, 2:49 am

Second to last pic is just beautiful!! love the trio!!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.-Roger Caras Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

WNK

Return to Pit Bull Roll Call