Rules and Regulations

Tatonka Kennel on French TV

Post photos of your dogs in this area, or any other kind of pictures.

Re: Tatonka Kennel on French TV

Postby Tatonka » September 28th, 2012, 10:24 pm

I'M BACK!
Thanks for all the nice comments on our dogs. I haven't had the chance to watch it... but I will maybe tonight. I will put the dogs names up.
The fellows that did this documentary were very nice. They were an absolute pleasure to have around.
The film crew contacted the ADBA to see who they should interview, and I guess our name came up.
I had no idea how hard it is to be in front of a camera. Marcel was great, I got all weird!
We had a translated copy, but I don't have a clue if we still have it. It was kind of one of those "watch it once" sort of a thing.
Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.
Tatonka

Postby doginhold » September 28th, 2012, 10:30 pm

The discussion afterwards was quite good an pretty positive about the breed!
This is a channel that is known for its profound documentation and not seeking any hype!
doginhold

Postby Tatonka » September 28th, 2012, 10:57 pm

OK Here we go...
The first dog, buckskin male with trimmed ears is Sorrells Watonga Joe. Sired by Sorrells Ace of Ace Gr. Ch Poorboy and out of a Greenwood/Sorrells bitch.
Next is Poorboy himself, being sprayed. I loved that dog.
The bitch with puppies is Ch Heidi, sired by Ch. Sailor and out of a Carl Mims bitch, she was bred by the LeBlanc's raised by friends, the Parker's.
Kiri is the happy little bitch jumping. She was sired by Ch. Sidekick and out of Hinemoa. Nice happy little dog.
Next comes Watonga Joe again.
The bitch I am strangling and not doing justice to is Ch Bodacia. I loved this bitch. She was everything you could want in a dog. I would love to see her in the yard again. She was one of the best bitches I have ever owned. I see now that she looked exactly like Ch Sailor.
Quick shot of Greenwood's Got the Skar, sired by Poorboy, great dog. We were very lucky to feed him.
Ch Bonnie is the bitch with the giant hole, she was also a Mims/Sorrells cross. This dog was impossible to keep, she always was doing something to destroy her environment, she broke every tooth out of her head and tore up dog houses right and left, but pretty ;) .

The dog on the treadmill and pulling the van we can't claim. He belonged to the fellow handling him, a really nice guy that did a good job with him.
I can't remember how this dog was bred.
Tatonka

Postby amity » September 28th, 2012, 11:03 pm

I've been trying to track this documentary down for a very long time, thank you so much! You really helped me out, I appreciate that! I'm lucky my husband speaks French so at least he can translate for me. If anyone else wants anything translated from it just let me know the parts and he will do that.
amity

Postby BoldogKennel » September 28th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Thanks Joanie, it is an awesome look at your yard. How did the mims/sorrells crosses work out? Any still around? That Poorboy was a DOG.
Ch Bandog Dread SchH III IPO III TD CD U-CDX WDS STDd/s WH
Boldog Dirk SchH III FR Brevet
Bandog Brittania SchH I WDS U-CD
Boldog Grip SchH I WDS
Boldog Grim SchH II
Boldog Old Yeller SchH I IPO I
Boldog Hellboy FH CD TD
Wicked Cassie, Ring III U-CDX
BoldogKennel

Postby Tatonka » September 29th, 2012, 12:36 am

Others had good luck with it, Roger LeBlanc (a very good friend that had a good eye, I respected Roger) did very well with it. I never had any success with them. Heidi and Bonnie were very well bred, really good girls (except for the awful stuff Bonnie did!) but in the long haul, it didn't work out.
You never know why some things work for some and not for others. I will never figure it out.

I can't believe how young we looked in the video!

Poorboy was certainly one of my favorites. He was beautiful, friendly, loved kids, was a SUPER weight pull and show dog and... I know that if someone were to harm me, he would have came to the party. He never did anything aggressive towards people, but you could just feel safe with that dog no matter where you were.
I miss that dog.
Tatonka

Postby BoldogKennel » September 29th, 2012, 7:10 am

And let THAT be a lesson to you about frozen semen!!!! :D
Boldog Grip SchH I WDS
Boldog Grim SchH II
Boldog Hellboy FH CD TD
BoldogKennel

Postby Tatonka » September 29th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Yeah, so I can spend excess money, and get poor results.
I m still not a fan.
I will be saying that about other dogs. Hopefully, it will be a long life. ;)
Tatonka

Postby Erik » October 1st, 2012, 6:41 am

BoldogKennel wrote:Thanks Joanie, it is an awesome look at your yard. How did the mims/sorrells crosses work out? Any still around? That Poorboy was a DOG.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pu ... _id=206574

His bro with complete ped

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pu ... _id=257379

I've only read about Ajax but everything anyone's ever written or said about the dog is that he was off the charts good, a well rounded complete dog. I forget how or why but he died prematurely and was not bred much, I don't think he ever produced anything as good as himself but that would have been a tall order and like I said I don't think he really got a good chance to be bred much.

I've heard mixed reviews about Mims as a dogman but he has produced some good dogs. I've only seen a couple Mims dogs in person and they were both beautiful dogs. Long lean fast and athletic as all get out. I like the cross he works with Snooty/Redboy mainly some have some Bolio in there too. In theory they should be well rounded dogs.
Erik

Postby BoldogKennel » October 1st, 2012, 7:24 am

That second dog reminds me of Dirk in the eyes. Same calm, confident expression. Pretty old dog.
Boldog Grip SchH I WDS
Boldog Grim SchH II
Boldog Hellboy FH CD TD
BoldogKennel

PreviousNext

Return to Photos